Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Maleah is Here!!

Maleah Grace Hollister has finally made her appearance! I won't go into all the details now, but it has been a very long day and a half. We went into the hospital to be induced yesterday at 3:30 and she was born this morning (April 3) at 9:44. She is 8 lb, 8 oz, and 21 inches long, and she has tons of hair! Daddy did great and was a ton of help- I couldn't have made it without him! Right now Maleah is in the warmer in the nursery because her temp is low, but other than that she is doing great. Overall I am doing well, but have not been able to get out of bed all day because I lost a lot of blood- I am going to be getting a blood transfusion in a bit- sounds like fun, huh? :) Because of all the complications I haven't been able to be with Maleah as much as I would have liked today, but I am just thankful that she is healthy. I want to say thank-you to everyone who was praying for us yesterday and today! Here are some pics from just after she was born and also her crib at home- we finally got her bedding and I love it! The room is still not done, but we are getting closer. :)





6 comments:

Justin Sternberg said...

Congratulations Mom and Dad!!!! We are so happy for you, and CAN'T WAIT to come up and see her! Thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing the pictures. She's beautiful!
Jo

Ruthy said...

Yah!!!!!!!!! I was worried when I talked to Cheryl yesterday, and she said you had had some trouble, but Praise the Lord all is fine now. Congratulations! Now begins the most rewarding journey of your life. =0) Blessings.

Jo said...

Great Job Sis! Man I wish we lived closer so we could come visit. You are in our prayers! God is so Good.

Anonymous said...

Awww she's adorable! (sniff) I hope all continues to go well and I can't wait to see her!!

Meagan said...

Hi mon and corey! Maleah is sooo beautiful!I can't wait to hear from you! Love ya